Creamy smoked chicken salad is a favorite summertime meal at our house. It's great to make ahead and serve on hot days when you just want to hang outside or at the pool. Some people like to shred it, but I like dicing it into small nuggets of goodness.
Either way, it'll be a hit. Smoking the chicken adds so much flavor. You can use it on croissants, wraps, salads, or crackers. Serving with strawberries, grapes and cashews will have your crew wanting more.
Winner, winner chicken
- If ya don't have a smoker, just grill the chicken with charcoal - it will still be much more flavorful than frying on the stovetop.
- Be sure to hide a secret stash for yourself and make sure Leela doesn't know where it is.
- If you don't like Craisins, leave them out.
- If you don't like Craisins, please exit The Hotel, stage left.
- Adding grapes instead, if eating within one or two days, is just as delicious.