I told you we'd be back... Had to shower Leela because she keeps turfing up the yard and rolling around in the grass. Now we have a quick minute to make an awesome veggie plate with that bad-ass hummus we made recently.
This is short and simple. And sweet. If you can't follow along, Leela doesn't have time for your lazy ass. It's meant to be a quick plate that everyone can share, so we're not worried about fancy veg cuts or long prep times. You can eat this by yourself, too, and it makes for a satisfying, healthy lunch.
Right now in Austin, Texass, a good veggie buy is a bag of small bell peppers - the red, orange, yellow vah-rye-eh-tie. Marinated cucumbers provide a great acidity and carrots are just, well, a sweet necessity.
Getting Things Together
- Peppers, sliced
- Carrots of any type - cut, if needed, into consumable bite-sized pieces
- Mozzarella - fresh if possible - you've read that before, right?
- Cucumbers! Yes!
- Hummus, topped with EVOO and parsley
- Give everything a topping of Maldon and black pepper
- Leela will bite your ankles if you don't season everything.
- Use quality mozzarella, it means a lots, else you'll be disappointed that it lacks flavor and texture.
- Keep some finishing salt on hand at all times.
- Anything goes great with hummus, so clear out that fridge!