Hope you all had a great 4th of July weekend. We stayed home and cooked some pork on our Barrel House Cooker along with the usual picnic sidekicks... My famous potato salad, (yes, it's famous in our family, and Leela will confirm), baked beans, etcetera.
My idea of a good end to a hot holiday and yummy dinner is going into my kitchen (and air conditioning) to make some kraut out of the head of cabbage in the refrigerator that's been begging for my attention.
This recipe is so simple and if you are a lover of the kraut as I am, then you've got to give it a try!
Some folks call it "sour krowt" and other folks call it "sah-er kraht" - regardless, it's delicious and everyone knows it.
- Don't let the fermentation word scare you. Try it ~ It's easy and your family will applaud your success and so will Leela!
- If you don't like kraut, you don't know what it's about.
- Fermented food is good for the gut with all those probiotics.
- Wide-mouth jars work better.
- Don't fret too much about the temperature - my kitchen was 75 degrees
Leela Storm says: "If it's good for the gut, it's good for the butt." We don't know what she means, but she'd like some more peanut butter snacks, STAT.